Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vote for My Husband: Reason #1

Let me tell you a little bit about our first meeting. It was in a church gym. I was finishing up my aerobics class and he had just arrived for a basketball practice that ended up being cancelled. A mutual friend introduced us. We started talking. And talking. And talking. You have to know that I was not a one-on-one conversationalist. Put me in front of a group of people and I can talk for hours. But talking to just one person has never been easy.

But with this one person it was. Gradually, the only two people left in the gym were the two of us. We sat down on the edge of the stage and shared (as I remember it), our innermost thoughts, ambitions, hopes and dreams. I found myself thinking, "This could be the one." How else to explain that instant connection?

It wasn't until a while after we'd been married that I discovered he talked to EVERYONE like that. If we hadn't already been married, I might have felt a little less special. But by then it didn't matter. And he's definitely the kind of person you want to have next to you at parties or other social gatherings where you don't know anyone.

That's one of the reasons why I think everyone in West Valley should vote Kevin Fayles for Mayor. If you talk to him (and anyone can), you will feel special. You will feel listened to. You will feel understood. Isn't that the kind of mayor you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment