Friday, October 9, 2009

I am a bad, bad mom -- Reason #5

Well, today I almost pimped my daughter out to gain votes. She went to a CD signing at Gray Whale for one of her favorite heavy metal groups. When I came to pick her up, she was inside the store, but there was a loooong line of people standing outside, waiting for their chance to go in.

Whenever I see a lot of people gathered in one place, I immediately think, "Ooh! Campaign opportunity!" So I grabbed a handful of my "little Kevin" fliers and went up and down the line asking people if they were from West Valley or knew anyone who lived in West Valley. (Keep in mind that most of these people were heavily tattooed, smoking, and using very interesting language.) But hey, a vote's a vote, right?

One guy, who did NOT look like he belonged in the line (he was wearing a button-down shirt, tie, and sweater vest -- not to mention horn-rimmed glasses) unfortunately did not live in West Valley City, but we talked for a little bit about why I was there, which is when Kelsey's name came up.

I told him I was waiting for my daughter, so he said, "Is she single?" I said, "As a matter of fact, she is!" Then he asked what she looked like. I said, "Oh, she's really cute, and she's got long red hair, and, oh, hey! Here's a picture of her on this flier!"

He took one look at the picture and said, "Can you send her back here when she gets out?"

I said, "You got it."

So after a little while Kelsey finally came out, and before we headed back to the van, I said, "Walk down here with me for a minute. There's something I need to do."
So I found my little friend in line, caught his eye, and pointed to Kelsey. He waved and said, "Hi! I'm Don!" Kelsey just gave one of those "I don't know what's going on here but I'll play along with it" smiles and a half-hearted wave, and then we headed back to the van.

If only Don lived in West Valley. We'd have his vote for sure.

So, reason #5 to vote for my husband: 1) he has actually listened to the band in question even though he's a Beatles kind of guy, which only goes to show he has an open mind and is willing to entertain different ideas. Plus, if we get enough votes, Kelsey will probably be safe for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment