Saturday, October 10, 2009

He brought me chocolate - Reason #6

Okay, anyone who knows me knows I have a thing for chocolate. Ask any of my old college roommates. They'll tell you the first thing I would do in the morning after waking up would be to go to my stash of chocolate chips and eat some.

Things haven't changed much over the years, only now it's frozen Junior Mints that I reach for. I have one or two in the morning and one after each meal. It's chocolate, it's minty, it's cold -- what's not to love?

But what I really have a passion for is dark chocolate. The darker the better. Exotic flavors are good, too. Like chocolate chili, or chocolate orange, and so forth. Now my mouth is watering.

For some reason, my husband was always good about giving me chocolate for Christmas, birthdays, and sometimes just for the heck of it, but it was always the wrong kind. He would give me MILK chocolate, which only qualifies as chocolate in a pinch. I think once he might have even given me white chocolate, which has to be some kind of venial sin or something. (Reverted back to my Catholic roots for that term!)

Finally, after several years of watching my less-than-excited attitude when I would receive a well-meaning but diluted chocolate gift, he finally got on the dark chocolate boat.

Which brings me to Reason #6 why you should vote for my husband: Today he came home with a bar of Lindt dark chocolate -- just for me, and for no reason at all! How could you not vote for someone like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment