Thursday, October 15, 2009

I am so tired I can't even think of a reason ...

So, the competition has put up at least 2 billboards with his shiny, happy face looking down on me. I am not happy. He has also lined all the main streets with his little campaign signs. He must have about 3 million of them. I have decided that politics really is all about who has the most money. I think I need to watch a Jimmy Stewart movie to restore my faith in the political system.

We had a "Meet the Candidates" night tonight at the local junior high. It was very interesting. As of now, I only know of two candidates whom I will definitely vote for, and one of them is my husband. Everyone made good points, but they all made good points about different things. I was hoping for one clear candidate (other than my husband, of course) who made good points about EVERYTHING. But that didn't happen.

Sigh. Tomorrow I will hit some more elementary schools with my brochures and "Big Kevin" sign. I have discovered that elementary school kids love "Big Kevin." One group gave him high-fives until his fake arm almost bent off. I finally had to say, "Hey, guys -- be careful! This is a $300 sign!" I'm telling you, though, if elementary kids could vote, we would have this thing in the bag.

Now I'm going to go back to bed and see if I can actually fall asleep this time. Maybe I'll try saying "20 more days" over and over until I either fall asleep or drive myself insane.

Goodnight, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment